It is important to note that the custom tape converter you choose will partner with you from start to finish on your project. Here are 5 questions you should ask yourself when evaluating custom tape converters so that you get better results by finding the right converter the first time.
1. Market Experience
One of the most important things to keep in mind when comparing tape converters is experience. You should look for a team that has the know how and experience to create product solutions that will propel your business and who understands the importance of your product from start to finish. Here are a few questions you should ask every product converter:
• Do they have a clear understand your industry?
• Are they ISO 9001-2008 certified?
• Do they have a successful track record with other business that they are willing to share
• Do they know the best and most economical tape/adhesive product to use for your project?
2. Product Converting Capabilities
Beyond experience, when looking for a product converter you need to know that the company you select is capable of completing your project on time and on budget. You need to ask any converter whether they use the latest technology to convert products. Below are several areas you should assess.
• Do they have a clear understanding of schematics and can they work from a drawing or diagram?
• Do they have engineers that can create designs based upon your specifications?
• Can they work with a variety of dimensions? What are their limitations on designs?
Does the tape converter have the ability and supply change to work with a Can they work with a variety of materials?
• What materials do they convert and what is the lead-time?
Facility & Production Capabilities
• Does the converting company utilize the latest machinery and technologies?
• Do they have all the equipment needed to do your converting project in house? Or do they contract out to other facilities?
• Can their facilities receive and ship the product you need converted?
• Do they have the equipment and personnel to complete your project on time and within your budget?
3. Consistent Product Quality
You want to choose a custom tape converter who has an attention to detail and is focused on quality. These questions can help you verify their quality:
• Do they document quality checks and procedures?
• Do they share high quality samples from previous projects to show their track record?
• Do they provide you with quality checks? Can they provide quality check records?
4. Customer Service
Once you’ve started your project, you don’t want to be in the dark. From the sales representatives to the engineers and manufacturing team, you want a team that provides great customer service, is organized, transparent, and easy to communicate with. Here are some questions to ask about customer service:
• Do they provide start to finish project management with timelines and deadline targets?
• Do they communicate with clients from initial quote through delivery?
• Do they respond in a timely manner to questions and concerns?
• Do they consult you to solve issues as they arise?
5. Competitive Pricing
Prices often vary between custom tape converters and the best converter for your job may not have the lowest price. While price is important to your budget, you must also consider the other 4 criteria when making your decision. To make sure their pricing is competitive, ask:
• Do they understand realistic pricing standards for your industry?
• Are they able to purchase materials in bulk, saving you money?
• Are they mindful of your budget when solving problems?
• Did they propose the most economical adhesive for your project?
• Do they use economical shipping methods and timelines?