CAREERS AT SAUNDERS
Careers at Saunders
Promotion from within is a creed in which we have always believed and practiced wherever possible. Our key people grew up in the organization and were graduates, if you will, of one or another of our training programs. For example, our Management Training Program is a semi-formal on-the-job training program which helps individuals who qualify to accelerate advancement into Sales Manager positions.
We believe in decentralization, true opportunity for individuals to succeed within the limits of their own capabilities and, above all else, opportunity to share in the risk and profit of our operations. This means that we offer base salaries and monthly bonuses to our employees. The higher people rise in our organization, the more their total compensation increases, all related to results actually created, the outcome of which translates into some rather amazing incomes.
We like to believe that our organization practices true modern capitalistic philosophy which, oversimplified, means we each share in the results created in proportion to our contribution to these results.
Your career success begins with us! To express our sincerity, we give you:
- The Freedom to be on your own within the security of the corporate structure. Freedom to become your own boss, to be trusted to carry out your responsibilities.
- The Opportunity to be part of a company that values long-term commitment.
- The Control to be responsible for your own career growth with encouragement to strive ever higher.
- The Openness in which information is given and shared freely.
- The Financial Rewards that are at first competitive, and later substantially higher.
- The Forum for Open Communication to all levels of management without fear of reprisal.
- The Security of knowing that the R. S. Hughes Company has substantial financial strength and puts a great deal of effort into protecting the longevity of its future.
- The Protection of a Medical/Dental insurance program, wellness plan, short-term disability plan and a life insurance policy.
- The Benefits of a 401(k) plan, annual leave, and six legal holidays.
- The Financial Support in the way of emergency loans and (at management discretion) an annual bonus.
- The Comfort in knowing that we will not tolerate prejudice anywhere within our company.
- The Nurturing Environment that encourages leadership, entrepreneurship, self-motivation, intelligence, hard work, desire to excel, integrity and character.
- The Patience to allow you to receive the help and time required to achieve your potential.
- The Possibility to move geographically while remaining with the company.
- The Fun Times that professionals share while in the pursuit of high achievement and measurable results.
Employment at Saunders
Imagine a company that recognizes excellence not only the products it sells, but also in its employees. Saunders is that company. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of quality and professionalism — and we treat our employees like the valuable assets they are.
In addition to competitive salaries and benefits, we offer an environment that asks you to make a difference. We value hard work and common sense and we consistently reward those that exemplify these traits. If you're looking for a great team to grow with and if you are willing to embrace the challenges of expecting to be the best, we welcome you to come join the Saunders team.
The attributes we look for in every position are the same — Integrity - Driven to be a leader - Aptitude for learning and managing multiple tasks - Understands team concept in a professional environment - Ability to make decisions - Confidence - Self motivation - Outgoing personality - Persistence - Attention to detail - Willingness to adapt - Enjoys selling - Committed - Sense of urgency - Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Career opportunities vary in each location and exist in numerous disciplines:
Saunders: Sales/Management Trainee
Saunders approaches training from a "hands-on" point of view. Through our training program, you will be introduced to all facets of running and leading in our business. This would include, warehouse operations, inventory management, exceptional customer service and attention, field sales, territory management, accounting, staffing, and the responsibility for growing our sales. You will gain credibility and learn extensive product knowledge in a short period of time.
A Management Trainee is a highly regarded position in our company. Through your dedication and commitment to company philosophies and expectations, you can expect a very rewarding career. We offer career paths through our program that lead to leadership roles in our company. You'll find that over 95% of the business leaders within Saunders and R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. and managers, including our Chairman of the Board and our President/COO are graduates of our Management Training program.
- Company paid relocation to another facility is required. This would take place in 6-18 months of employment and would include a promotion to a leadership role in our company.
- 4 year college degree.
- 2+ Years experience selling a product or service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Saunders: Inside Sales Representative
Saunders approaches training from a "hands-on" point of view. Through our training program, you will be introduced to all facets of running and leading in our business. Your primary responsibilities will be in Inside Sales providing exceptional customer service and attention to our customers. You will also be exposed and become proficient in warehouse operations, inventory management, and the responsibility for growing our sales. You will gain credibility and learn extensive product knowledge in a short period of time.
An Inside Sales Person is a highly regarded position in our company. Through your dedication and commitment to company philosophies and expectations you can expect a very rewarding career. You will also have the opportunity to advance within the company, if you are qualified.
- Developing new customers through pro-active outgoing calls.
- Servicing large existing account base.
- Data entry of orders and requests from customers.
- 1-2 Years successful experience selling a product or service in an inside sales role.
- Industrial, industry and product knowledge preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Quick learner.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated individual.
Get a Free Quote
✓ Custom plan tailored to your needs